Your campus, Your story
The talk on campus is that the Big Sean concert will be the event of the weekend, but if you were not able to get tickets, don’t worry. There are plenty of other ways to spend your weekend besides studying.
Take a break from that biology paper you’ve been working on all week and enjoy the weekend. Here are five events you don’t want to miss:
1) Do you like drama, drama, drama? If you do, you will not want to miss the play “Buffalo Gal.” The story revolves around a TV diva who has to make a hard decision that could affect those around her. The play will take place in Moore Hall at the Theatre-on-the-side. Tickets can be purchased through CMU Ticket Central or at the door. Buffalo Gal will run on Friday and Saturday at 7:30 p.m., and Sunday at 2 p.m.
2) The Big Sean concert has finally arrived. After a long wait, the Michigan native will perform in McGuirk Arena at 8 p.m. today. Travis Porter will also take the stage creating a night of hip-hop that you don’t want to miss.
3) Therapy dogs, interactive demonstrations and activities for children are just the tip of the iceberg on what the disABILITY Awarness Expo will feature Saturday. Vendors and informational tables will line the Education and Human Services Buildings from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. to educate and engage people in ways to overcome disabilities.
4) Come support the Central Michigan volleyball team as they play Kent State at 7 p.m. Saturday. The game will take place at the McGuirk Arena, so wear your maroon and gold as you cheer on the lady Chippewas.
5) If you’re looking for something to do on Sunday, put a little jazz in your step and watch the Motown Jazz Cats perform at the Veterans Memorial Library at 3 p.m. The event is free and open to the public, which is perfect way to relax before your weekend ends.
Photo Illustration | Mack Potter, Marketing
Begin typing your search above and press return to search. Press Esc to cancel.