Your campus, Your story
From Summer to Fall Fashion
The end of summer is upon us, and students are getting ready for the back to school season. From new school supplies to new clothing, many students are wondering what trends to look for this upcoming school year. Since many of the summer pieces you have will be able to carry into the fall season, don’t fret over spending money on new items.
Top 5 Back to School Fashion Trends
1. Colors/Prints- We saw a lot of colors and prints over the summer, and this trend will continue into the fall. Neutrals will no longer be the main color scheme. Add a pop of color to your outfit this school year! This trend can be seen in colored and printed jeans, which will dominate fall fashion. Backpacks and messenger bags in bright colors and prints will be popular as well, so keep this in mind when choosing your bag for the fall!
Belleville junior, Jamie Price
2. Statement Jewelry– This trend is right off the runway. You can pair one of these fun pieces with your favorite tops and skinny jeans. When it comes to your rings, cuffs and necklaces, bigger is definitely better. Statement necklaces will continue to be popular in the fall, especially the “collar necklaces”. Collar necklaces can dress up a plain top and give a preppy fall look.
Alpena junior, Emily Howard
3. Cardigans/Blazers- Cardigans and Blazers should be a staple in any girls closet. Vintage and collegiate cardigans will be a popular style to have for the back-to-school season. Throw on a blazer for a quick, “put-together” look. Keep in mind that colors will continue to be popular, and consider trying a fun colored blazer!
Birmingham junior, Calley Manillan
4. Chiffons- Don’t put away those sheer summer shirt just yet. Chiffon continues to be a favorite in the fashion world. Pair your sleeveless chiffons shirts from the summer with a cardigan to transition for the fall season. Button-down chiffons will be a popular style for the fall. Pair neutral colored tops with fun-colored skinnies!
Montague junior, Kristen Hissong
5. Boots- Boots have been popular over the last several years, and continue to be a necessity. Thigh-high boots are in for 2012. These boots come just over your knee, and you can pair them with a mini-skirt, leggings or skinny jeans. Don’t just stick to thigh-highs, you’ve also got ankle boots, or booties. Whether they’re flat, heeled or wedged, booties are a cute look as well and go great with any outfit.
[…] as well, so keep this in mind when choosing your bag for the fall!See the original post here: Top five fashion trends | GCmag.orgtry what he saysBe Sociable, Share! Reply Cancel reply Required fields are marked *Name *Email […]
Comments are closed.
Begin typing your search above and press return to search. Press Esc to cancel.