Your campus, Your story
Statement necklaces have been all the rage lately, and for good reason.
They come in a variety of colors, sizes and prices, and are perfect for adding a little something more to every outfit. All of their glitz and glam makes them hard to style at times, but no worries, you’ll be running with the best of them if you follow these easy tips.
1. Pair your statement necklace with a chambray top, or any button up top. The extra decoration adds a fun twist the average oxford or flannel.
2. Neon necklaces look great in the springtime when paired with neutrals like beige, white and gray.
3. Add a glam gold, silver or black statement piece to a graphic tee for a street style look.
4. Striped shirts and pearl statement necklaces create a nautical look that is perfect for the spring weather (which we can only hope is coming soon).
5. If you’re wearing a solid tee and basic jeans, a sparkly statement necklace will make your outfit more interesting.
6. Bubble necklaces are a great statement option for beginners – try this one with a long sleeved shirt and a cardigan or vest.
7. Don’t be afraid to mix a bold necklace with a crazy pattern. Just be sure to keep the rest of the outfit simple.
8. The lighter the color of the necklace, the brighter your complexion will look. Try a pastel necklace for skin that would even make Blake Lively jealous.
9. Avoid extra jewelry. Keep it simple and let your necklace be the highlight. Stay away from dangly earrings, gaudy rings or bracelets.
10. Longer statement necklaces look great paired with slouchy shirts and sweaters to match a relaxed vibe.
11. Don’t forget to have fun with the jewelry. If you love the look – rock it. For some great places to buy statement necklaces, check out Bauble Bar, Charming Charlie, Francesca’s and J. Crew.
Begin typing your search above and press return to search. Press Esc to cancel.