When I hear the words ‘comfort food,’ macaroni and cheese is one of the tastiest dishes that I think of. It’s a food that warms you, reverts you back to childhood, and even consoles you. There’s nothing like good macaroni and cheese, but with this dish I take it to the next level, and so can you.
This recipe will make four to six servings.
- 10 oz of chopped, cooked boneless skinless chicken tenderloin
- 16 oz. jar of classic Ragu alfredo
- 16 oz. block of Ragu cheddar cheese
- 8 oz. of crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tsp. of Franks RedHot Sauce
- 2 cups of diced celery
- 1 cup of diced onion
- 1 lb. cooked al dente cooked macaroni
- 8 oz bag of shredded cheddar
Preparation: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. While oven is heating, prepare other ingredients.
In a medium saucepan, combine alfredo sauce, cheddar cheese and heat over medium heat until smooth and creamy, stirring constantly. Once sauce is smooth and creamy, add hot sauce, 4 oz of blue cheese crumbles, celery and onions. Stir until melted and hot.
Place pasta and chicken in lightly sprayed 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Pour and stir in cheese mixture over pasta and chicken and top with shredded cheese, bake for 25-30 minutes uncovered until bubbly. Remove from oven and top with rest of blue cheese crumbles as garnish and serve.